I've filed bugs in-game for these, but to recap the big issues:
- They'll periodically stop following. In this condition, they'll sometimes still respond to the attack command, and can sometimes be made to move to my current location by switching to stay then back to follow, but other times they'll be completely unresponsive.
- Possibly the same as above, but a bigger issue, is when they simply stop fighting in the middle of a fight. I generally only notice this when I realize the mobs are chewing on me and taking no damage other than the medical scanner dot. By that time I'm usually pretty unhealthy.
- They seem to aggro everything in a wide area at inopportune moments. It's very risky for me to try to pick off lingmaa from their massive colonies with a pet out.
- Some cloned pets (Arvor and Lesoo, at least) can not be healed with 'Patch Animal.'
- Pets seem to be able to attack successfully from a long way from the target, I've had cloned setlang standing 10 meters off their target. This is mostly confusing visually, since it starts to look like issue #2.
- Zone boundaries sometimes seem to trigger #1, as well.
Thanks, as always.