Open Language Panel
Register

Pet bugs, any news on where they are in terms of priority

Pets and Vehicles
danch

Backer Rnd2

Pet bugs, any news on where they are in terms of priority

Post#1 » 10 Jan, 2018 1:23 am

Bugs with the pets systems, not pet cloned Arvor (although they're maybe-bugged, too, see below)

I've filed bugs in-game for these, but to recap the big issues:
  • They'll periodically stop following. In this condition, they'll sometimes still respond to the attack command, and can sometimes be made to move to my current location by switching to stay then back to follow, but other times they'll be completely unresponsive.
  • Possibly the same as above, but a bigger issue, is when they simply stop fighting in the middle of a fight. I generally only notice this when I realize the mobs are chewing on me and taking no damage other than the medical scanner dot. By that time I'm usually pretty unhealthy.
  • They seem to aggro everything in a wide area at inopportune moments. It's very risky for me to try to pick off lingmaa from their massive colonies with a pet out.
  • Some cloned pets (Arvor and Lesoo, at least) can not be healed with 'Patch Animal.'
  • Pets seem to be able to attack successfully from a long way from the target, I've had cloned setlang standing 10 meters off their target. This is mostly confusing visually, since it starts to look like issue #2.
  • Zone boundaries sometimes seem to trigger #1, as well.
At any rate, I'm just looking for some notion of where these issues might lie in the overall set of priorities. I know the dev team have no lack of things to do.

Thanks, as always.
Donkey Haute (formerly Twill Early)

Taegost

Backer Rnd1

Re: Pet bugs, any news on where they are in terms of priority

Post#2 » 10 Jan, 2018 3:30 pm

danch wrote:
10 Jan, 2018 1:23 am
Bugs with the pets systems, not pet cloned Arvor (although they're maybe-bugged, too, see below)

I've filed bugs in-game for these, but to recap the big issues:
  • They'll periodically stop following. In this condition, they'll sometimes still respond to the attack command, and can sometimes be made to move to my current location by switching to stay then back to follow, but other times they'll be completely unresponsive.
  • Possibly the same as above, but a bigger issue, is when they simply stop fighting in the middle of a fight. I generally only notice this when I realize the mobs are chewing on me and taking no damage other than the medical scanner dot. By that time I'm usually pretty unhealthy.
  • They seem to aggro everything in a wide area at inopportune moments. It's very risky for me to try to pick off lingmaa from their massive colonies with a pet out.
  • Some cloned pets (Arvor and Lesoo, at least) can not be healed with 'Patch Animal.'
  • Pets seem to be able to attack successfully from a long way from the target, I've had cloned setlang standing 10 meters off their target. This is mostly confusing visually, since it starts to look like issue #2.
  • Zone boundaries sometimes seem to trigger #1, as well.
At any rate, I'm just looking for some notion of where these issues might lie in the overall set of priorities. I know the dev team have no lack of things to do.

Thanks, as always.
I don't have any experience with arrvor or lesoo personally,j but I have experienced all the rest of the listed issues. I don't actually trust my pets anymore, I don't rely on them, just use them for some extra DPS when they work.
I actually use them stopping when zoning to my advantage so I can still gain Animal Handling skill without worrying about my Raxin aggroing everything I'm driving through... Or taking hits away from getting my Heavy armor skill up :)
Taegost Gramil, US East The Old Timers Guild
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

www.oldtimersguild.com
>> Open to the Public! <<

danch

Backer Rnd2

Post#3 » 11 Jan, 2018 1:31 am

That reminds me - the other thing I was going to complain about was that it seems like it's slow to level Animal Handling with GE pets. I don't have hard data, but it seems like I'm far more likely to get the random +1's for having an animal out with tamed than with GE.

HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

Post#4 » 11 Jan, 2018 7:04 am

It is getting late for me, but I wanted to respond here real fast to the initial question.

Pets are mid way in terms of priority, however we have a few other things that effect performance, area transitions and a few core systems that do effect pets and all NPC's.

Once the basics are done, and all the major systems are done, including the base for NPC's- and pets, then we will start looking at the actual pet system itself.

I saw a few nice suggestions from the players in game and on discord. I do see a lot of good complaints here as well. I can say a few of those hopefully, possibly, probably should help with these complaints. At least for a start and a base. One of the main things is bringing the NPC's down in terms of overhead and conflicts is by revamping the NPC spec systems. This means doing the basics for race specs (includes the base for pets and all NPC's), then can figure out what data we want to store on it. This does mean that humanoid NPC's will get the first overhaul. But this also means it will be easier for us later on to focus on the pets (NPC related) and all related skills (combat related) and all drops (container/inventory related).

I hope that helped answer a few questions? I am sure that you will have a lot more from this post. Please do feel free to ask them.

We are finalizing the roadmap from our meeting this past weekend, the Repop programmers and engineers do have a few things to begin and make sure that we have a good grasp on the order and make sure nothing else creeps up on us. Once this is done, we should have the roadmap out for you as I mentioned in another thread.

It could be this week, it could be next. The lead engineer for Repop will let us know when and when it is "humanized". I can say it will be this month though :)

On that note.. Good night everyone! ... I think

danch

Backer Rnd2

Post#5 » 11 Jan, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. At this point, I'll probably continue to level GE, but I'll just be selective of where I actually use the pets.