Open Language Panel
Register

Frivolous Questions

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Repopulation
Hungadunga

Backer Rnd2

Frivolous Questions

Post#1 » 28 Dec, 2018 8:36 am

I'm sure some of this is being considered and none of it is important, but...

If we can make paper, why can't we make books? I'd like to make decorative books, with different colored covers to put on my shelves.

I'd like to paint the outside of my house. The soviet-era, gray-concrete look is depressing. Paint kits could be made by players with the Cosmetic Skill.

I'd like to paint my vehicle, same reason.

The "follow" command does not work. If it IS made to work, consider limiting the speed of the leader to the slowest vehicle. That would benefit the vehicle engineers too, because players would be encouraged to buy faster vehicles so as not to slow down the convoy.

A multi-player vehicle would be nice too, one bigger than the infamous "Silver Cruiser." SWG used to have vehicles that could hold six players. That's a bit much for Repop but a vehicle that could hold four players could come in handy if this game ever reaches a fraction of its potential and a swarm of players in raid parties materializes. Just a thought.

The housing controls absolutely needs to be fixed. I should be the one to decide whether to bring up the housing menu. They do NOT need to pop up automatically every time I walk through my door. And the on-screen movement menu that allows us to position stuff in the house either needs to have the "delete" icon removed or a series of confirmation questions needs to follow its use. Right now, you can make your whole house go "poof" just by being impatient. Moving any structure needs more constraints too. I find myself constantly worried when placing a new housing item that I will inadvertently target the house and move it or even store it.

I'm hoping that when the new map is introduced that the in-game map will display adjacent zones after I have discovered them. Right now the map is restricted to whatever region I'm in. A third map that shows the whole island (with just general information) might be nice too, rather than having to access this website. It shouldn't be a stretch that some kind of "Google Rhyldan" would exist.

By pressing "F2" we can draw our weapons. Could we press it again to holster the weapon too? I consider my avatar to be hopelessly insane but would hope even she would have enough sense not to wave a loaded weapon around when dancing.

I'm looking forward to the weather and day/night cycle visual effects. Rain and snow make the landscape more dangerous and more fun. Dust storms and fog would be interesting effects too.

Like I said, none of this is important but I hope that when the final product launches, these kinds of rough edges will have smoothed off.

Combat Wombat

Backer Rnd2

Re: Frivolous Questions

Post#2 » 28 Dec, 2018 4:26 pm

If we can make paper, why can't we make books? I'd like to make decorative books, with different colored covers to put on my shelves.
There are blueprints for books, sadly as loot only right now
I should be the one to decide whether to bring up the housing menu.
You can check the "disable structure controls" box in interface options and then it will only open when you want it to
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

GM-Ace

Post#3 » 29 Dec, 2018 12:42 am

By pressing "F2" we can draw our weapons. Could we press it again to holster the weapon too? I consider my avatar to be hopelessly insane but would hope even she would have enough sense not to wave a loaded weapon around when dancing.

Can also press Ctrl C to holster.

Hungadunga

Backer Rnd2

Post#4 » 05 Jan, 2019 9:37 am

The Control-C command works! Thx!

Disabling the structure controls box is fine up a point. It's certainly less annoying when going in and out of my structure. I still would prefer to "opt-in" rather than "opt-out" and doesn't change the fact that the delete button could have an unpleasant unintended consequence for a new player. That's kind of a tough way to learn about that function. Some kind of confirmation dialog box is necessary. But, for casual running in-and-out of the house, disabling those controls is a good idea if, like me, you find that pop-up box annoying. Thx.