Forums
Register

January Update: Moving forward

News and Announcements from the Staff.
HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

January Update: Moving forward

Post#1 » 20 Jan, 2019 9:57 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Now that our first two official game updates last month (00.00.12 and 00.00.13) that included combat overhaul and two area overhauls are out. We now want to let you know what we are working on and what is coming up this year. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but are really looking forward to kicking this year off with a headstart. This update will review the past hotfixes we have made since the 0.00.13 on 20 December, and then go over what we are working on now and what is planned short term.

Hotfixes

Since the update, thanks to you the players, we have had a few hotfixes come in. These have been mostly adjustments to the changes made over the last several months including a few ease of life functions. Remember you can view all updates to the game here:

https://therepopulation.com/forums/repo ... uild-notes

Upgrading Development Servers

Since we were able to get out the two patch updates, we have begun to build a new development server that will give us a several advantages.

Easier cleanup of old redundant revision and file history
Increase our file management capabilities, to clean up overhead and old files
Faster development cycles overall due to improved performance from the cleanup
Ability to do more complete and various types of game update pushes

As a team, we look forward to completing this build not only for the development benefits but the overall improvements it will allow us to bring to the game. We'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress of this work so stay tuned to future updates for more news. We will let you know when we have finished this work and are full speed ahead.

Also covered in this update:
  • What is coming next for Repop
    --- UI/UX and data Cleanup and mapping
    --- Inventory/Container Development
    --- The new starter island]
  • Upcoming site changes
    --- New forums
    --- Game Features Section
    --- Login Process
    -- Future Site updates
  • Rhyldan map changes
  • Sneak Peek on Design Development
    --- The Design process
    --- Player feedback
  • New Upcoming updated Roadmap
Read the full update article here:
https://therepopulation.com/news/update ... ng-forward

Is-ith

Backer Rnd2

Re: January Update: Moving forward

Post#2 » 25 Jan, 2019 2:11 am

Wanted to throw out a few words of affirmation because I am extremely pleased and impressed with what you guys have done. Stay strong and let's get the starter island and onward to the world revamp done. Believe in you guys, started out questioning but you guys are laying good groundwork for the game core/code.

TR-Odwerki

TR Staff

Post#3 » 25 Jan, 2019 5:39 am

Is-ith wrote:
25 Jan, 2019 2:11 am
Wanted to throw out a few words of affirmation because I am extremely pleased and impressed with what you guys have done. Stay strong and let's get the starter island and onward to the world revamp done. Believe in you guys, started out questioning but you guys are laying good groundwork for the game core/code.
Thank you, we really appreciate the support. We are looking forward to moving into the next phase of our work and kicking off our world building. We really hope it will be a fulfilling experience to share with you and the rest of the Repop community. I'm pleased to be able to share we are beginning the very first phase of the new Starter Island building on Dev right now. :)
Content Lead
"A book is less important for what it says than for what it makes you think." - Louis L'Amour

Is-ith

Backer Rnd2

Post#4 » 25 Jan, 2019 6:40 pm

TR-Odwerki wrote:
25 Jan, 2019 5:39 am
Is-ith wrote:
25 Jan, 2019 2:11 am
Thank you, we really appreciate the support. We are looking forward to moving into the next phase of our work and kicking off our world building. We really hope it will be a fulfilling experience to share with you and the rest of the Repop community. I'm pleased to be able to share we are beginning the very first phase of the new Starter Island building on Dev right now. :)
That is very exciting news! I have loved all you picture updates as well. They have always looked superb! Keep it up and we'll get the sleeping community wakened up again!

Cjnukem

Post#5 » 26 Jan, 2019 12:55 am

Hello Dev team and thank you for bringing in some great stuff. I bought the gold package on steam back in 2014 , I have been patiently waiting on the sidelines and even hoping in every now and then. Well I logged in today and am blown away . You have come so far , and now I believe I will be on very very frequently. Keep up the good work ! It shows.