Forums
Register

July-August Updates

News and Announcements from the Staff.
HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

July-August Updates

Post#1 » 18 Aug, 2018 3:47 am

Good evening and Happy Friday community, we hope this update finds you well.

We wanted to update you on the progress of the patch, hotfixes, and a bit of current work. as always we thank you for your patience and feedback. This update goes in to a more technical aspect for the elements we are currently working on, within HeroEngine and The Repopulation.

Patcher update
Our work on getting the Repopulation update out:
With the combination of effort of both the Repopulation development team and HeroEngine engineers, the work continues to progress. Though we still do not have an estimated timeline yet, we can say we are getting much closer to being able to push this update.

Read the full article here: https://therepopulation.com/news/update ... st-updates
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_00-intro.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_01.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_02.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_03.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_04.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_05.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_06.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_07.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_08.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_09.jpg
2018-08-17_Repop-ss_10.jpg

Jalisar

Re: July-August Updates

Post#2 » 18 Aug, 2018 9:29 am

Well, that was a pretty decent update. Not what we, or at least what I, had been hoping to see exactly. I have been involved with way too many games to even think about over the past 19 years, and have always enjoyed the stages where the game slowly became whole. In some cases these games became foundation games.. in other cases.. tho the game made it to release, the Dev's had listened to the wrong group of players, or they themselves had ideas that, for whatever reason, failed.
That being said Repop has a very long road ahead of it. The sheer number of bad reviews from steam early access is like the black plague on it's own... But you/we are walking a very thin line moving forward. The length of the game's hiatus of over a year in limbo, and now at least another year since the servers were turned back on without any movement forward, is all too often a game killer. Gamers are FICKLE, putting it nicely. ;p... Now that is the how much of the gaming population look at things. It's been too long.. Nothing has happened.. The number of issue that were there before the hiatus (while in my opinion were far from anything out of the norm) were too numerous.. the reviews are terribad… blah blah blah.
HOWEVER, if a major move forward can be seen soon "ish" it is possible for a turn around. What can't happen, is you/we can't rush the work and end up with a disaster. Meaning, this must take time. The AI needs fixed.. the zone crashing and load in crashing needs dealt with, and sadly, the game is going to be even more dated than before unless the newer HERO engine can pull off what it "appears" as though it might.

I think I can best sum this whole mess up like this. "Nothing ventured, Nothing gained... Take your time BUT hurry up every chance you get."

Doc.

Jalisar

Post#3 » 18 Aug, 2018 9:31 am

Without fail I always forget about the color system here. lol

Combat Wombat

Backer Rnd2

Post#4 » 18 Aug, 2018 2:08 pm

New plant art looks great. Every news post the update seems to grow in size, hope you guys work out the delays you have in pushing out all this new content.
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Hungadunga

Backer Rnd2

Post#5 » 19 Aug, 2018 11:54 am

I read through the July-August Update a few times and was interested in the section on biomes. I noticed that the desert biome was omitted from the list of 8 that was being considered for the prototype map. Is that landscape disappearing from the game?

HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

Post#6 » 20 Aug, 2018 2:50 am

Hungadunga wrote:
19 Aug, 2018 11:54 am
I read through the July-August Update a few times and was interested in the section on biomes. I noticed that the desert biome was omitted from the list of 8 that was being considered for the prototype map. Is that landscape disappearing from the game?
Good evening,
Good question, and no, it has not been removed, there will be a few around the world actually. :) The outlines in the article were for the over all regions. You can view the map here and see where we have the different biomes, including deserts: https://therepopulation.com/images/mult ... st-001.jpg

There are different types of deserts around the world and you will find that in Rhyldan as well. :)

Societal

Early Access

Post#7 » 21 Aug, 2018 6:48 am

Main buildings are completed minus Embassy buildings and platforms
Does this refer to the platforms in the training zone that the weapon trainers are standing on? I'm pretty sure that is reused at Aoss Gardens so we should check that city too once these new assets get in.

Training area instancing removed so more than 15 players can be in the new Starting area, together.
This will be great when the new area arrives and a lot of us reroll at once to check it out. I personally feel it also helps a MMORPG retain new players when their early experiences in the game let them see other fresh characters trying to figure out the basics.

New harvesting nodes are being created (visual nodes to show the types)
:smile: Is the eventual goal to create a unique model for every resource type? Rocks can make do with identical models as long as the texture changes but plants and trees could use some identity. Will node artwork be introduced as they are ready or do you intend to swap them all at once in one big patch?

Layout&nbsp
Forgot a ; towards the very end underneath "City/Areas".

HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

Post#8 » 21 Aug, 2018 12:51 pm

Societal wrote:
21 Aug, 2018 6:48 am
Main buildings are completed minus Embassy buildings and platforms
Does this refer to the platforms in the training zone that the weapon trainers are standing on? I'm pretty sure that is reused at Aoss Gardens so we should check that city too once these new assets get in.
Yes it does. There will be some variations to the platforms since the layout will be different. We want to showcase some of the very basic and common styles for each nation.
Societal wrote:
New harvesting nodes are being created (visual nodes to show the types)
:smile: Is the eventual goal to create a unique model for every resource type? Rocks can make do with identical models as long as the texture changes but plants and trees could use some identity. Will node artwork be introduced as they are ready or do you intend to swap them all at once in one big patch?
Yes, it does mean just this. :) That we are not sure of. I wanted to bring in at least the few that are in the Training Centre right now, however, I am having a bit of difficulty with a few that are not really quite right; Rocks you harvest but give bug carcasses and liquid metal or other such extracts. So, we may see some with the new Island, yet not sure. Here is hoping!
Societal wrote:
Layout&nbsp
Forgot a ; towards the very end underneath "City/Areas".
Doh! Thanks!!!

:)