Forums
Register

September Update: PCC Optimizations

News and Announcements from the Staff.
TR-Odwerki

TR Staff

September Update: PCC Optimizations

Post#1 » 02 Oct, 2018 12:40 am

Today's update is to spotlight some of the team's recent work. The following information is to provide a developers side glimpse into what we've been up to most recently. We hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback.

The location of Plymouth Control has a long history of edits since it was originally created. Our revamp brings the area to revision number four. Those who've been here for some time may have known it as either Plymouth Canyon, Plymouth Control Station, or most recently Plymouth Control Center. While the name hasn’t changed the visuals and functionality have over the years. This revision’s focus was to clean up the area, increase performance and do the prep work so we can finally finish it with the lore in mind.

You may be curious as to what the purpose of this pre-revamp work is right now instead of later during the world revamp. So we will jump right in.

To read the full article click here.
Content Lead
"A book is less important for what it says than for what it makes you think." - Louis L'Amour

Kaj

Early Access

Re: September Update: PCC Optimizations

Post#2 » 02 Oct, 2018 1:09 am

The numbers really tell the story, from everything I have been reading in these updates it seems like an absolutely massive undertaking this last year. Hard to know at what point it may have been easier to have started with a clean slate.

Combat Wombat

Backer Rnd2

Post#3 » 02 Oct, 2018 2:05 am

dat node and the texture count difference :O wonder if I will finally get a playable fps in PCC
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Oblivionburn

Early Access

Post#4 » 02 Oct, 2018 12:57 pm

Great to see another update! Looking forward to the eventual combat update :)

horendis

Early Access

Post#5 » 02 Oct, 2018 4:26 pm

Thanks.

Maev

Backer Rnd2

Post#6 » 02 Oct, 2018 10:19 pm

I said it before and I say it again. Hat's off to you guys, I know you were left with a spaghetti game when you got it from the previous amateurs.

HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

Post#7 » 03 Oct, 2018 9:54 pm

Thank you everyone! Both teams (HE engineers and the Repop devs) have put a lot of work, heart and soul into this. I know they really appreciate the thanks and feedback! :love:

We still have two more problem areas we may have to address yet, but want to make sure that 99% of the game is playable for everyone. Improved combat, targeting and LOS issues are one thing (and one I really really want to get out NOW), but does no good when you cannot play or lag out.

So, once this does go live, be prepared to send in those bug reports, let us know problem areas, etc. For now, please feel free to give your critiques and suggestions as well!

Orlander

Early Access

Post#8 » 05 Oct, 2018 11:59 am

As already said above, numbers are.... impressive... :)

Can't wait to see the results online !!! :D

Novatek

Backer Rnd3

Post#9 » 19 Oct, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks for all the updates!

Do you think we will realistically see a patch this year? :)

HE-Sarrene

TR Staff

Post#10 » 21 Oct, 2018 10:07 pm

Novatek wrote:
19 Oct, 2018 3:15 pm
Thanks for all the updates!

Do you think we will realistically see a patch this year? :)
You are most welcome! It is the least we can do during this period. And I hope to continue this trend even after we get Repop cleaned up enough to work with the push system.

I hope so, yes. I really do! I hate getting into game and having the combat, LOS and targeting issues. Also really want to get some feed back on the two areas we have cleaned up some as well. All feed back will help a LOT for when we do the world revamp style and layout wise.

We all want to move forward with development and not have to worry so much about clean up. Inventory and new Item system, Harvesting, Crafting, new NPC and character systems.. so much to do!

In this months update we will be covering more of what we are doing clean up wise, where we stand with our last two tests and what we can expect and hope for. So stay tuned and pray that what we are doing right now will be enough clean up to let us do this push to live this year!

:)

katou

Post#11 » 22 Oct, 2018 12:13 am

I have been with yall since the beginning. I still am excited about the game. I feel for yall, because of what happened, I know that yall have had to really work hard. Please dont stop till we have a really great game, I know that it can be.

patiently watching and waiting for awesomeness,
Katou